Thursday, June 22, 2023

Toilet Tidbits

OK, I'm going to talk all about toilets. if this isn't your thing, I won't be offended if you skip on ahead. (Let's be honest, I won't even really know.)

It is surprisingly easy to find a restroom in Taiwan. Public or private, there's a plethora. And they are all really, really clean. In fact, one of the nicest bathrooms we found was at a roadside gas station.  (I loved the fixtures.)
It's quite common that public bathrooms have one large roll of toilet paper as you walk in. You grab and go before you go. Forgetting is something you only do once.
Almost every hotel and quite a few random toilets have a bidet option. It's clear it's a thing here.  There are tons of buttons but they are all in Mandarin and they are NOT self explanatory. 
Pipes in Taiwan are old, so its a crap shoot (see what I did there?) if you can flush the toilet paper or if you have to throw it away. 
The rest stop had urinals in the very large women's restroom. At first I thought I had wandered into the men's, but I soon realized that they were placed far too close to the ground. 
Squat toilets are still very much a thing.  Luckily, many multi-stall bathrooms have pictures on the doors so you know what you're getting. Although, judging by this sign, there are still some issues to be worked out. 



No comments: