Saturday, December 20, 2008

What's in a Name?

My latest parental concern is that Romi will never know his own name. This anxiety stems in part from his very likely delayed speech capabilities (you know, that six-months of Chinese and then the switch to English), but it also comes from my inability to actually call him by name. Here is Romi alias Top 10.

10. Rome-ala
9. Boy/Little Boy/My Boy
8. Romster or Rominator
7. Little Man (which lead to...)
6. Little Man-aroony (which lead to...)
5. Little Manicotti (my Mom's favorite)
4. Shul Wrecker (Rabbi Eisen's contribution)
3. Baby Cake/Baby Rice Cake
2. Moochki-Ba-Boochki (who knows why)
1. Monkey/Monkey Boy

2 comments:

Hallie said...

I guess this is why in the Berenstain Bear books, the kids are named Brother and Sister...although I'll never figure out why Brother was called Brother before Sister came along...

robyn said...

Somehow you resisted calling him Romex. I am proud of you.