Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Rite of Passage


We reached another milestone: the next size up of clothing. In a time honored parental tradition, I went through the Rominator's drawers and folded up all those shirts that were too tight and pants that were too short and socks that no longer stayed on (yeah, right, like they ever did) and boxed them off to pass onto to some other kid. It surprised me by just how attached I was to his little onsies that said "Baby MVP" and those cute little sleepers. I can't believe that it's already time for him to move up and move out, even if it just to the next size. And I also can't believe that there were a few favorites that I just couldn't pass on yet; I admit it, I stashed his little blue hoodie and denim shortalls in the bottom drawer because I'm just not ready to let them go. (He looked so darn cute in them!) Of course, I also saved the onsie he was wearing when we got him and the sleeper he came with in Taiwan and wore on the plane home, but those at least seem rationale. Intellectually, I can see his growth, both physically and developmentally, but somehow, making the physical change just seemed to make this time with him as a baby all that more elusive.

Of course, I shouldn't really complain. After all, the boychick has only graduated to "6 to 9 months" in size. (By the way, he'll be eighth months tomorrow.)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi Kelley,

It's hard to believe Romi is just getting into the 6-9 months. We are desperately holding onto that size for Kai (who is still as chubby as ever). It's great to see Romi is doing so well!

Kim and Kent