Monday, November 24, 2008

Heh Heh


Our little guy has a bit of a cold. It's not much, but it does cause his nose to run, which in turn means we need to wipe it, which translates to Romi screaming his head off. We bought a cold mist humidifier and have been squirting saline up his perfect little nose, which also makes him shriek. Of course, all the crying just makes his nose run more, so I honestly don't know why we bother.

This little snarfy nose of his has also made Romi more tired then usual. Last night, the little monkey was so wiped out he went straight past sleepy, ran around grumpy and landed at punchy. As usual, Rob got up to put him to bed. (I admit it, I am too much of a wimp to do it. If he seems even remotely displeased I can't fight the urge to pick him up and make him happy.) I stayed on the couch and tried to distract myself, in case he whimpered or cried. But instead of the sound of cries of complaint, all I could hear was laughing.

It seems as if Romi got so tired he entered the silly stage. Rob would look at him and laugh: heh heh. And Romi would open his mouth wide and belly laugh back: heh heh. That would make Rob laugh, which would in turn make Romi laugh. And so the cycle went on until I couldn't take it and joined the laugh fest in the dark bedroom. It sure was more fun then wiping his snotty nose.

1 comment:

Heather said...

You're much braver parents than I am--I squirted the saline up Mark's nose once, and he screamed bloody murder. He never let me near him with that thing AGAIN.

LOVE the baby in a bowl picture!! I hope Romi feels better soon...

HD