Thursday, June 21, 2012

Smells Like JoJo

Romi Amiel Gludt may still be my baby, but he's no baby. Yep, our little guy is four. FOUR. How in the world did that happen? He has been very excited about his birthday and has made it clear that he would like a celebratory hat. He also wants people to sing to him. And he wants presents. Last night we had this conversation:

Romi: Me have an idea. You drive me to Target. I go by myself and get a present.

Ima: How will you pay for it?

Romi: Me take your wallet. After some serious contemplation: Huh. No one to pick me up. Me talk to Abba about that.

I love a kid with a plan!

Romi has been loving all the company we've had the last month. He had a blast when the Brunks came for a long weekend (they drove 15 hours from Chicago!). We love the Brunks and Romi took to them immediately. They walked in and he grabbed his guitar to serenade their arrival. He followed Max and Lauren around the house and the Brunk kids did their parents proud by playing so nicely with our little guy. We spent the day at the Inner Harbor and when Romi needed to navigate down the steep ladder he immediately spurned my offer for help, exclaimed, "No, Bob!" and turned and held his arms out to him. Later, in the aquarium, Romi grabbed on to a nice, friendly and understanding blond women who turned out not to be Jacki. It didn't faze the Romster at all, he just looked at me and requested, "Show me my Jacki." So I did.

Now he's loving the Dindsale crew who are staying in the basement. He gleefully wakes up Mark and Nathalie and each morning waits impatiently for Grandma Virginia to get up and play with him.

One more tidbit: In the pre-Passover bread-arama, Steven, Romi and I went out for a fabulous meal at the Cheesecake Factory. It was seriously some of the best salmon and rice I have ever had (with miso sauce). Of course, salmon is one of Romi's favorite foods so we split the meal. Afterwards we explored the really large mall for the first time. Making our way back to the parking lot through Macy's, the three of us were cutting through the cosmetics department when Romi looked around, sniffed and declared, "Smells like Aunt JoJo!" Priceless!

No comments: